Tuesday 18 March 2014

Confetti Kisses and Silhouette Stamping Kit

Last week our house got hit with the sickies, wasn't nice at all, first my son, then my daughter, then me, never have I been so ill in all my life!

Which was super annoying because the day before, this little beauty arrived 

Silhouette Stamping Starter Kit

And I wasn't going to get the chance to play with it :( 

Today though I am much better and decided to get creative, I made a card and I wanted to make a sentiment with the kit....I have to say I am not a huge stamper, I love digital images which I like to take into the silhouette cameo and resize to suit and also cut around it either in a pretty flourishy cut or a straight forward offset cut.

Anyway, I hated this...I tried twice to cut a font, first it wouldn't cut through properly even at the setting it suggests,  and the 2nd time I made the font slightly bigger and welded it together so it would cut a single sentiment....nope it was too teeny and fiddly and I lost my patience with it! 

As I said I am not a huge stamper...I thought getting this kit would be ideal for stamping personalised invitations, but maybe I just need to keep practising to get it right, however I hate wasting material.  You do get 10 free designs to download with the kit,  which are pretty decent actually, maybe I will try cut one of those out to allow the kit to redeem itself :/ 

I did however eventually make a card, and found a sentiment that would work with the card :)


Colours used on image;
skin (Copics) E00, E33, E51, E53 E93
Everything else Promarkers
Lips - Antique Pink and Baby Pink
Eyes, Sky Blue, Azure
Hair - Raw Sienna, Mustard & Tulip Yellow
T-shirt and Socks and Hearts  - Red, Poppy & Crimson
Skirt - Cinnamon, Tan & Putty
Shoes - Cool Grey 4, Cool Grey 3, Cool Grey 2 and Blender

I added Glossy Accents to the hearts to make them Pop

Flourish, from Cameo Store ID #3650, inked and embossed
Found a stamp I already had (and forgot about), stamped in clear Versamark and embossed in gold
Heart Stem - That Craft Place
Ribbons, Paper and Gems from HobbyCraft

I might give my Stamping Kit another try before I end up tossing it into the depths of the Craft Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment